Mold Removal

Complete Mold Remediation

All homes and businesses are at risk of developing a mold problem, and all it takes is a little extra moisture to create ideal growing conditions for mold. Mold growth can begin as soon as 48 hours after a water source is introduced, such as a leaking roof or pipe, or a recent flood or water damage that wasn’t addressed quickly or thoroughly. Simply removing the mold is not enough – as long as elevated levels of moisture are present, the mold will continue to grow and spread throughout your property.

Because mold growth is often the result of water damage, we recommend contacting a professional mold removal company that also handles water damage. At EXZA General Contractors, we’ll identify and locate the source of the water, fix it, and professionally remove the mold growth and remediate your property so the mold does not return.

What is Mold, and Why is it Affecting My Property?

Mold is incredibly common, and exists both indoors and outdoors. Individual mold spores are not visible to the naked eye and are easily disturbed, sending them into the air. Mold spores can and do enter your property on a regular basis, but typically do not locate a viable source of moisture to survive and grow.

When mold spores do have the right conditions – moisture and an organic food source– that is when it becomes a problem. The mold spores will multiply and grow.

When to Call a Mold Removal Professional

According to the EPA, mold removal should be handled by a professional when the mold has affected an area exceeding 10 square feet (about a 3×3 foot area), if there has been water or sewage damage in the property, or if it’s possible the mold has contaminated your HVAC system or ducts. If you have attempted to remove mold and it has returned, it’s also time to get professional help.

Is Mold Dangerous?

Molds produce allergens and irritants, and some molds can be toxic. Many people experience allergic reactions to mold including sneezing, runny noses, and irritated eyes and skin. Mold exposure can also cause eye, skin, nose, throat and lung irritation, even in those who are not allergic. Sensitive populations – such as those with asthma or other respiratory conditions, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems may be more greatly impacted by mold exposure.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Emergency?

We are here for you whenever you need us. If you are in need of emergency service for a loss due to fire, flood, severe weather, vandalism or other emergency situation, please call our emergency line for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

844-777-3992